Weekly WIP and Life in General

Part of me is just starting to wonder if I just need to accept the fact that for the next 10 years, my quilt production is not going to be what I would like.  Because in 10 years, my son will graduate from high school, and my plan is to go to part-time work, and MAYBE then I will have some free time.  It doesn't seem to be happening now!


I'm getting some stuff done.  I started another memory quilt commission project.  Not sure how quickly I can get it put together - not as many t-shirts, and some odd sizes, so I am going to have to work to get it to look cohesive.  We shall see.  I started the cutting on Quill.  I'm a bit puzzled by the size of some of the pieces in the kit.  It seems like too much of some and not enough of others.  Hopefully it will all work out!  I got Shenandoah on the long-arm, with Winter Garden soon to follow.  Simple straight lines on the former.  I had a small spool of variegated thread from Superior that happened to be a perfect match, so that was nice.  Not sure what thread or pattern I'm going to do on the latter, but it will be quick and easy, that I know!



I have three charity quilts to get on the frame in December as well.  I have just the flying geese left on Classic Meets Modern, and then that one can go together.  And just the setting blocks for Build-a-Quilt.  They're all straight lines, so hopefully I can get it done quickly, too.

There are more major changes coming to my house as well.  My daughter, 12, is going to start homeschooling.  It's going to be rather flexible, since Marc and I are still working, and we may crash and burn entirely, but at this point I feel very strongly that it's needed.  I think she realizes (deep down, at least) that it is, too.  She's struggling in ways I'm not going to talk about, but I hope and pray that this well help.  I couldn't possibly do it without my mom and dad's help, so I'm immensely grateful to them.  Evening time will have to go to school activities now, as well, but I think a lot of it will be her reading, so discussions over what she's read can certainly be done while I'm chain piecing. It will be an adventure, to say the least.

Recent Finishes 

Frond quilt in Blues

Every Which Way (need pictures) 


Piecing 

Angela Walters BOM - 12 blocks finished, starting on setting blocks
Classic Meets Modern BOM - January through October and half of November's blocks
Prism Star - eighteen diamonds done, starting piecing on next color set 
Bitter Almond  (all blocks complete) 

Guild Mystery Quilt (leader and ender project) 
Quill

Needs Binding


On the Longarm 

Shenandoah

Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Crystal Gems 
Moda Building Blocks
Making Modern - Rainbow quilt


Winter Garden  
Morris Apprentice 

Planning 

Sparklers
Aviatrix - stalled, need to get moving on this one! 
Moda Love quilt - Barb 
Stellar Stars BOM 
Chic Country

Aurora Borealis   

UFO's

Craftsy QAYG
Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms
Farmer's Wife - should move indoors for the smaller projects...
Quilter's Patch - BOM from FQS.  Finished six(?) blocks
QAD Flight Effects mini

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!

Another year of Quarantine