Making Plans

Making plans  - 2020 Version!

These are in no particular order:

Disco by Jaybird Quilts.  This is probably going to be a little more time consuming on the layout and planning front.  But it should be a fun one to do. 



Showering Stars: It should go together quickly and be a good charity quilt. 


Borealis by Frond - LOVE those fabrics, and I doubt I'll be able to give this one away!  Paper pieced, and it's going to take a while but I ADORE this quilt. 


Punked Posies, by Frond again.  This shouldn't take long to put together, it's the quilting that will take the time on this one.  I really need to sign up for one of their thread punk classes to get some more ideas before I tackle this one. 


Folding Screen, with more Frond (do you sense a theme??): This one is lower on the list than the others.  Maybe a good one for retreat?


Shade Garden by Frond: Another one that shouldn't be hard to put together, but I need to take the thread punk class for ideas on how to quilt it.


Island Waters: I originally purchased this with the thought of doing it in Frond, but I have these batiks that I think would look wonderful as well. 


Kaffe!!: These strip sections were made up a while ago.  I just need to find some solid that can coordinate, and figure out how to trip up and make a top quickly.  I think I found one design online that should work. 


Mochi:  This will be a good leader/ender project, I think.  I have everything pulled for it, although I may need a couple more colorful fat quarters.  I have enough of the neutrals. 


Mango Parfait with Frond: I'll get this one set up as a leader/ender as well.  I'm definitely going to cheat on those greens (which are replacing the lights) and do strip piecing for the four squares, rather than individual square like the pattern calls for. 


So some thinking out loud:

I need something for the "indoor" project.  Currently I have in mind Mochi and/or Mango Parfait.  Getting those cut should be high on the list.

I should just get those Kaffe strips done, and call it finished.  It wouldn't take long and a long-term UFO could be cleared up!

Otherwise?  I think I want to start Borealis.  It will take longer, but it will be a fun one to do, for sure.  I can throw some fat quarter charity quilts in there if I need a break from the paper piecing!  

I'll get signed up for the thread punk class, then see about tackling the large scale projects.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!