Stepping Down - Finished!

My latest Moda Bakeshop project is finished!

This was a fun one - I'd submitted it a while ago and promptly forgot about it.  Then lo and behold, the box of fabric arrived and I got started sewing.

The design was fun, but the math didn't work out quite as perfectly as it did when I sketched it - those pesky seam allowances! :) But overall I love the final result.

Of course the short schedule made finding time to get it photographed a challenge, with the variable weather. 


Thankfully I had three kiddos to help wrangle the quilt!  


The bright colors looked great outside; I actually really enjoy winter and love the hygge concept, so this fit right into the cozy notion, with three kids snuggling under a quilt looking at the snow.  


I quilted it with all-over swirls.  Since I had the dot grunge fabrics, a circle based design seemed to work best.  I used my go-to Superior Magnifico silver thread.  Especially when working with something that has both black and white, it works great to blend in all over. 

This quilt is going to Josee, Isadora's best friend.  She said she loved it as I was working on it, so I hope she enjoys it!  She's been a great friend to Isadora so I'm happy to be able to find this quilt a happy home.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!

Another year of Quarantine