WIP Friday (yes, I'm behind)

I took yesterday off from work.  Wasn't feeling well, but it ended up being as much of a mental health day off as a sick day.  I took the kids to daycare, and had a WONDERFUL, quiet, blissful day at home.  Spent quite a bit of it in the craft room.  I didn't actually finish anything, unfortunately.  Unless you count the mending pile!  I've been avoiding that for months, which is silly, since it only took me an hour to get through the whole thing.  And now it's not staring at my daily!

I also started back in on what is probably my oldest UFO.  I haven't even had it on the list, because it was lost.  As in I couldn't find it at all, and figured that it had been accidentally thrown out in a cleaning fit at some point.  A couple of weeks ago I found it - in Mom's storage shed, inside a tote.  Absolutely NO idea how it got there!  It and a bag of random scraps were in there, with a bunch of completely unrelated items.  So yesterday I fished it out, and started back in on it.  I had apparently run out of the background fabric, but I happened to have some more of it in my stash (pretty standard moda solid).  So I cut those out, and got the entire center section pieced.  It's on point, which is actually the first time I've done one that way, surprisingly.  I have the strips for the borders pieced together, and should be able to get the top completely done soon.  I'm about 90% positive I'll send it out to a long-armer who does charity quilts.  I know Jo of Jo's Country Junction does that.  It's a neat quilt, but just not my colors.

I also have the center section of the BOM quilt done.  As precise as I tried to be with those, none of my blocks ended up the same size.  I had to add some to two of the rows to get them all the same size, but it's not terribly noticeable, and as always, I learned how I'd do it better next time.  I haven't done the first one in the next BOM yet, but I'm going to try and learn something from this one, and be even more precise with the cutting, and make my seam allowances more on the "scant" side.  Most of my blocks end up too small.  And I know that overall I just need to SLOW DOWN. 

So here's my list:

Recent Completions:
 
Wrap Shirt
 
WIPs:
 
Farmer's Wife (LONG term project! - 20 blocks completed)
Fat Quarter Shop BOM (TWELVE of twelve completed!! Center of quilt completed, needs borders)
Ruby, Pearl and Opal (waiting for my bee blocks)
Craftsy QAYG quilt (two of twelve completed)
Blue and white shirt (maybe finish for Collette?)
Cameo Dress

At the Quilters:
 
Summer Breeze Jewels 
Hugs and Kisses
 
Top Completed, waiting for quilting:
Swoon
Salad
Basic Math

Planning:

New FQS BOM quilt
Toes in the sand BOM quilt
Heart of Mine 2
Simply Woven
Lucky Pezzy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!