Summer is upon us

And what a strange one it's been, but I'm hardly alone in that! My earlier quarantine productivity level has dropped, and I find myself spending more time in the evening just cuddling with the family, watching some TV, and relaxing.  I'm trying not to beat myself up about it.  My work usually slacks off a bit during the summer, but not this year.  I'm in zoom meetings for a lot of each day, and I don't have much down time during the day.  

I finished the quilting on Mom's quilt.  It went more quickly than I expected, and I think she likes how it turned out.  I did have a bit of fun with it!  

Some fun details 

My favorite section! 


I did one customer quilt as well. It was a bit of a beast.  Large, with VERY wavy borders and some really imprecise piecing.  I did what she asked for as far as design in the middle, but I wasn't liking it very much as it was being quilted.  I think once it was off the frame and the border was done it was better, and she liked it, so that's done. 



I did a couple of minis, from examples I did for a demo at the last guild meeting we had pre-pandemic.  One with drunkard's path blocks, and some improv piecing from leftover grunge layer cakes.  I'll quilt those and hang them up at some point.  I've also added the two projects from QuiltCon as UFO's.  I'm still undecided on what to do with them.  

Right now the priority is to get the commission quilt finished.  Next up will be the wall-hanging for Grandma.  Dad asked me to make a quilt with her maiden name to hang in her room, and I'm more than happy to do so.  Her home is just starting to allow visitors, so I'll get on that as soon as possible.  

Need pictures:

Classic Meets Modern
Frond kit - Birds of Paradise

Angela Walters BOM
Beetle Adventures (mini)
Magic Spark sample x3
Mango Parfait
Patchwork Sky
Four Square
Rainbow Rectangle 

Recent Finishes:


Quilter's Patch (to Mom for binding) 

Piecing:

Percolate - 4/10 rows complete 
Moda Love quilt - center finished, need to add borders
Ombre tumblers (leader and ender)

Farmer's Wife
Flag Quilt commission
Striped hourglass 

Needs Binding

Mantle Runner 
Blossoms (Lea?)
Fat Quarter Star (Lea?)


On the Longarm

Teal Stars 

Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting


Prism Star
Mantle runner 

Nova Mini Quilt - white
Rhombus dance
Fabulous Flowers
Lucky Star mini
Drunkard's Path mini
Curved Piecing mini 

Planning

Modern Owls
Aurora Borealis
Weaving project

Elizabeth Hartman Sampler (?)
Thunderstruck (VFW pattern)
Jamieson quilt (for Grandma)
Showering Stars
Island Waters 
Mochi 


UFO's

Wedge Quilt (from QuiltCon)
Diamond Rain (from QuiltCon) 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!