WIP Wednesday - Fall Edition

I've been trying to tackle that pile of tops!  Classic Meets Modern is now quilted.  I went with a panto on this one.  I have somewhat mixed feelings about the pantos.  I think I may prefer just doing free motion, but on the other hand it is nice to give it some real consistency.  I can definitely see the appeal if I had a computer controlled long-arm, but I don't.  I do like how this one came out; it has a slightly modern vibe to it, and worked out well.  



This one is just free motion; another Christina Camelli pattern from her new book. In looking back at her sketches, I am not giving it as much movement, but I've done enough I'm going to have to stick with what I've got for now!  It's just enough to give some overall texture, and should be done quickly.


The evenings are filling up quickly again, and if I'm going to exercise I'm going to have to get up in the mornings to do it.  There just isn't enough time in the day otherwise! 

I added the church dinner projects, a mantel runner and tree skirt, to the in-progress list.  They should be relatively quick!  We're going camping this weekend, and I'm seriously considering packing up my featherweight and a project.  I'm just not sure which one, or if I've gone something in progress that would work in that situation.  A day or two to think about it, I guess!

I also got two new commissions, for a pair of twins, so I'll be working on those as soon as fabric arrives!

Recent Finishes:

Ombre Heart Pouch
Guild Sampler Quilt (Lea is binding)

Piecing:

Guild Mystery quilt
Four Square (leader and ender)
Moda Love quilt - center finished, need to add borders
Ombre tumblers (leader and ender)
McCall's dress
Simplicity dress
Rhombus dance
Mantel runner

Needs Binding

Kit's USMC Quilt
Teal and Cat
Frond kit - Birds of Paradise
Ombre tumblers (mini)
Angela Walters BOM
Classic Meets Modern

On the Longarm

Layer cake quilt #2

Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Crystal Gems
Moda Building Blocks
Beetle Adventures (mini)
Prism Star
A New View (although I think I'm going to add borders)
Hexology

Planning

Magic Spark (Commission #1)
Blue and Gold (Commission #2)
Modern Owls
Aurora Borealis
Percolate

UFO's

Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms
Farmer's Wise
Quilter's Patch
QAD Flight Effects (mini)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!