Summer Fun

Summer is well underway, and flying by as usual.  We spent the Fourth of July in Alabama for a wedding.  Two days driving and two days there made for a loooonng weekend.  I did get a little bit of cross stitch done in the car, but otherwise it was a definite break from productivity and workouts. 

It's 4-H time again, and Izzy finished this adorable outfit for the clothing event.  I was quite disappointed in the judge, however.  She went in full Cosplay, and the judge was visibly bothered by it.  She practically scowled at Isadora the entire time, while she smiled at the rest of the kids.  This outfit involved pleats, and invisible zipper, darts, set in sleeves and some MAJOR pattern hacking.  We changed it from a button down front with a separate collar to no buttons with an integrated collar.  There were only two girls in the judging class, and the other girl got the purple.  She made a fleece robe.  Seriously.  I was infuriated.  So much so that we left before participating in the last class.  Isadora had another cosplay outfit planned, and I couldn't see making her go through that again.  If the judge isn't going to give her a fair shake, I didn't want to wait around another two hours.  She did a FABULOUS job making this.  I was so proud of her, and so angry and the judge for not having an open mind.  


Himiko Toga, minus the wig and makeup! 
 Okay, rant over.  I've been busy on the long-arm.  I tried my hand at pantographs on two quilts!  I do like how they came out, but it's definitely a learning curve.  I'll get some pictures when they're bound.

This one is mom's library quilt.  I struggled with the tension on the back, but I love how the front looks.  I outlined all the books and did a mini-stipple in the background.  I used two layers of batting, but I wish in retrospect the second layer had been even more fluffy, to get more definition in the books.



I think either Rows of Bricks or the other layer cake quilt will get loaded next.  Summer always ends up so busy.  Last night I wanted to get one loaded, but I spent an hour watering baby trees instead.  And the 4-H deadline is this week, so that's definitely taking up time as well.  I haven't decided if I'll enter another quilt into the open class.  I definitely would have been proud to enter the Morris quilt, but that one's off at Bev's!  



Recent Finishes   

Morris Apprentice
Bitter Almond
Rock Candy (Mini)
Frond Quilt #2 
Quill

Piecing 



Guild Mystery Quilt (working on assembly)

Four Square (leader and ender project)  
A New View (Frond greens)
Moda Love quilt - center finished, need to add borders
Hexology 
Guild sampler quilt 
Ombre Tumblers (leader and ender)

Needs Binding


Kit's USMC Quilt 

Teal and cat (layer cake quilt #1) 
Frond kit from Marc
Ombre Tumblers (mini)

On the Longarm 


  
Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Crystal Gems 
Moda Building Blocks

Classic Meets Modern BOM
Angela Walters BOM
Layer cake quilt #2 
Beetle Adventures (Mini) 
Rows of Bricks
Prism Star

Planning 


Frond Quilt #3 
Modern Owls
Aurora Borealis  

UFO's

Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms
Farmer's Wife - should move indoors for the smaller projects...
Quilter's Patch - BOM from FQS.  Finished six(?) blocks
QAD Flight Effects mini

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!