Classic Meets Modern is a top!

On the WIP list for a year has been Classic Meets Modern - a quilt along hosted by My Quilt Infatuation.  It's now a quilt top!



I loved the pattern.  It had a similar vibe to Moda Building Blocks, which I'd finished in Downton Abbey fabrics.  I wanted this one to feel a bit more modern, so I elected to do it in grunge-like solids from Craftsy.  I had a fat quarter bundle in my stash, although I did have to pick up a few more to finish



 I'll freely admit I didn't plan out the colors, just made the blocks as I liked them.  Consequently my layout isn't exactly like the pattern, as I had to spread out the colors a bit.


 I managed to keep up through the entire QAL, with the exception of actually putting the top together!



I delayed a bit on the top, I had one square that I'd made out of darker fabrics, and to me it just stood out too much, but I procrastinated terribly on remaking it.  I finally made a replacement; not the same pattern but a quick block I like that blended in a bit better.

I also used bonus triangles instead of geese in one of the strips.  Felt good to use up those little scraps!


Overall I love this top!  I'm now thinking about the quilting - I'd thought about custom, but I think I'm just going to do an allover design, likely in a silver/light grey thread.  Hopefully that will look as good on the quilt as it does in my head!  Kelly's final product is definitely inspiration.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!