Weekly WIP

It's pretty trite to say something like "I can't believe October is half over", but good Lord, I can't believe October is half over... So many things yet to get done!

I did manage to get this one finished for the church dinner!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one, and may have to make another one for me... It brought over $500, so I was pleased with the outcome! 



I went with a pretty simple all-over quilting design, in the interests of both visual simplicity and time.


And the name of the quilting design was "Leaves", which just seemed way too appropriate for this quilt!


Some other minor progress - I'd forgotten I'd signed up for a fabric stamp swap, so I quickly got a bunch of those put together.  Fun little project!


And I've made progress on my guild quilt.  I always forget how much I love Kate Spain until I start working with her fabrics again.


My goal for the weekend is to get Shenandoah and Winter Garden quilted.  Neither should take long, as I'm planning on doing pretty basic quilting on them, and they're both relatively small.  I've been trying to work on the guild quilt in the house.  Not always easy, there's always other stuff to do in the evenings.  I'm trying to be more intentional with the time I spend with the kids, too, and of course that takes time.  I'm attempting to work out at lunch during work when possible; it extends the day a bit, but I save all that time at home. 

Recent Finishes 

Fall Colors 

Every Which Way (need pictures) 
Piecing 

Angela Walters BOM - 12 blocks finished
Classic Meets Modern BOM - January through September blocks finished
Morris Apprentice (all blocks complete, assembly in progress)    
Prism Star - four diamonds done, starting piecing on next color set 
Bitter Almond  (all blocks complete) 

Guild Mystery Quilt (leader and ender project) 


Needs Binding


 
On the Longarm 


Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Crystal Gems 
Moda Building Blocks
Making Modern - Rainbow quilt

Shenandoah
Winter Garden  

Planning 

Sparklers
Quill
Aviatrix - stalled, need to get moving on this one! 
Moda Love quilt - Barb 
Stellar Stars BOM 
Chic Country

Aurora Borealis   

UFO's

Craftsy QAYG
Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms
Farmer's Wife - should move indoors for the smaller projects...
Quilter's Patch - BOM from FQS.  Finished six(?) blocks
QAD Flight Effects mini


Comments

  1. Such a pretty quilt! That's terrific that it brought in so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great donation quilt and congratulations on the financial donation for your church. I have a lot of those Kate Spain fabrics and yes they are great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!