Singing the Blues!

My latest Moda Bakeshop quilt is done!  This was a relatively simple pattern, but with the beautiful blue fabrics and the fun I had with the machine quilting, it's a new favorite.

It's a relatively straightforward design and construction.  I put it together in columns, to speed up construction and reduce the number of seams.  


I sketched out half a dozen different quilting designs, and went with one that I ended up loving.  It was definitely a challenge to quilt, as it involved rolling the quilt back and forth a LOT on the rollers.  It was enough to make me wonder how expensive it would be to get one of those frames with the automatic advance features, that's for sure. 


All of the filler motifs are ones that I've done before, but it's always challenging to do them on the diagonal, and consistently filling in those corners was a challenge, but overall I'm quite pleased. 


I also ended up outlining each of the blocks by stitching in the ditch.  I hadn't originally planned to do so, but it ended up just making it look really sharp. 


Of course Gunner wanted to help with the photo shoot!


And have a little fun while he was at it.


I'm glad he's still at the stage where he likes being in pictures!


This one is going to my sister.  It's going to be a wall-hanging in their living room, and the blues work perfectly with her colors. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!