Back to School time...

In the last post I listed a few things to get done - 

Finish cutting the sashing for the Morris quilt.  The blocks are almost done.
Assemble the top of Bitter Almond
Attach the handle of the 2nd Maker's Tote
Pictures of Band Camp quilt
Assemble the top of Shenandoah (should be quick...)
Load every which way onto the long-arm. 


The first is done!  I had a bit of a panic, as I'd run out of Kona Charcoal.  No problem, I thought at first, I'll just run to my LQS and pick up some more.  Well, it didn't match. 


Ack!  I went back and forth, debating what to do.  In desperation, I checked my solids shelf one last time, and found another half yard of the original cut.  I had this much left when I finished cutting sashing strips.


I think the new stuff will be fine to use for the binding.  So now I just need to lay those out and get them assembled. 

I still need to assemble the top of Bitter Almond - no progress there, largely because I'm still debating the "size it up" question...

Finished the second maker's tote!




And while i was in the bag making mood, I whipped up a padded sleeve for my new iPad Pro.  



I'm not sure how much of the lovely Dreaming Tree fabric I have left! 

I did get some good pictures of Band Camp, I just haven't downloaded them off of the camera yet. 

I also assemble the top of Shenandoah. I love it!  I'm going to do some simple, straight-line quilting on it, I think .


It was a kit, and I ended up using a darker backgroup fabric.  I actually much prefer the darker fabric.  

And Every Which Way is finally on the frame!  I'm using it largely as a practice top, I'm going to do each block differently, just trying a bunch of stuff.  Should be fun, if time consuming!


The kids are back to school, so it's back to a routine, hopefully.  We'll see... 

Recent Finishes 

Frond butterfly quilt (need pictures) 
Maker's Tote 2

Piecing 

Angela Walters BOM - 10 blocks finished
Classic Meets Modern BOM - January through August blocks finished
Morris Apprentice (all blocks complete, needs assembly)    
Prism Star - one diamond done
Bitter Almond  (all blocks complete, needs assembly) 
 
Guild Mystery Quilt
Maker's Tote 2   

Needs Binding


On the Longarm 

Every Which Way 

Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Crystal Gems 
Moda Building Blocks
Making Modern - Rainbow quilt

Shenandoah

Planning 

Sparklers
Quill
Aviatrix - stalled, need to get moving on this one! 
Moda Love quilt - Barb 
Stellar Stars BOM 
Church Dinner projects
Chic Country  

UFO's

Craftsy QAYG
Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms
Farmer's Wife - should move indoors for the smaller projects...
Quilter's Patch - BOM from FQS.  Finished six(?) blocks
QAD Flight Effects mini 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!