Weekly Update

Vacation was FABULOUS.  We all had a fantastic time, and it was well worth it and much needed.  The next vacation won't be quite so extravagant, but it does need to happen.  This is really the first family trip we've done, and we need to do more of it, even if it's just camping weekends. 

With their wands at Hogwarts!
I flew back early; my grandfather passed away prior to leaving, and his funeral was at the end of our trip.  He was 96.  He led a fascinating life.  He was healthy and sharp until very close to the end, and died a peaceful death with all of his kids by his side.  He was a B-29 pilot in WWII, and was shot down and taken prisoner by the Germans.  My family members who served (me included) joined the VFW at the graveside honors.


 My cousin's daughter is the one in full uniform; she was able to present the flag to the family.  Her grandfather (my uncle) is the oldest son, so she presented it to him. 

But with all that going on, the sewing room has been pretty quiet.  I'd though I might get some sewing done before the hubby and kids came back, but there were a lot of family in town, and I ended up spending a lot of time just hanging out with them.  Well worth it.

So we've spent a while just getting back into the routine.  I'm honestly not sure what I've done with my evenings and weekends.  Just normal house and kid stuff.  Last night, for example, was spent trying out a green hair wax on my daughter for a school play...  Meltdowns with the kids.  A little bit of sewing here and there, but not much.  I am trying to spend MORE time with the kids, which means less sewing. 

So we went for an evening walk this week.  I played board games.  I laid on the floor and did math problems with Gunner.  Had several long, rambling conversations with Isadora about the perils of middle school.  10 minutes of sewing here and there isn't going to get many quilts finished, but on a lot of evenings, I think it will have to do.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!