WIP Wednesday

Things have been a little crazy lately, and I haven't had nearly as much time for sewing as usual.  First and foremost, Dad is in the hospital after a double bypass heart surgery.  He's always been healthy as can be; this is the guy who celebrated turning 70 by riding his bicycle across the country!  But he had chest pains a couple of weeks ago, and fortunately it was enough of a warning to get him checked out, without actually doing any damage to his heart.  He had the surgery last Thursday, and he's had some issues since.  We're hoping he gets discharged today. 

He and mom have had three of my nieces staying with them while my sister builds a house, so arrangements had to be made to get them taken care of.  My sister found a house to rent, which she hadn't thought she'd be able to do but it was one of those unforeseen blessings that fell into her lap.  I will miss having the girls around, though, and my daughter is heartbroken about having her cousins move away.

So not a ton of progress, but I'm working on it.

I finished this hoop quilt - it's from Glamp Stitchalot, and I think I'm going to give it to Grandma to hang in her assisted living room.  I'm not thrilled with the quilting, but I'm also not going to tear it out!



I finished quilting this one.  I did a simple all over design, and love how it turned out.  The fabrics aren't quilting cotton; they're by Anna Maria Horner and are so soft!  Something else added to the binding pile. 


Another Glamp project by Anna Maria Horner - a mini and also ready to be bound. 


The latest of the Build-a-Quilt blocks by Angela Walters.  I completely changed up the construction of the block; it was done almost entire in half-square triangles and I just didn't want that many seams.


A secret project with these added to the mix.  I'd submitted a design ages ago, and had just assumed it didn't get approved, then the fabric showed up on my doorstep a week or two ago, with a relatively short deadline.  I'm hoping to finish that up this weekend.



Also added to the binding pile.  Not sure what I'm going to do with this one... Maybe another hoop quilt and give it to Grandpa for his nursing home room?  


Also ready to be bound. (I loaded up all the mini quilts on the machine at once; saved time and used up a big chunk of backing fabric!)  Kool Thing by Libs Elliott.  


I'm going to update the list later this week...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!