A Planning Post

I know I've had several quilts listed on my "Planning" section of the WIP list for some time.  To reiterate (for my own piece of mind), here they are.

Baby Quilt for Heather (Rail Fence stars?)
Sparklers
Abacus
Triple Barn Star - for Bev
Aviatrix - stalled, need to get moving on this one! 
Making Modern - Rainbow quilt
Downton Abbey economy blocks quilt 

However, I've got a number of other ones that I also want to do.  So even though it's a ridiculous number, I'm going to try and get them all down on paper, and get a grip on what I'm actually going to be working on this year.  I'm going to lay off the swaps this year, so hopefully I'll have time to make a significant dent in this list.  


Rail Fence Stars

So - starting from the top of the WIP list - the baby quilt for Heather is definitely number one.  Baby is due in Feb/March, so I need to get cracking!  I pulled out the jelly roll last night, and it's a quick project 



It's an older jelly roll I've had forever, and I've paired it with a pink solid, so it should be perfect for a little girl!


Sparklers 

From Stitched in Color, I've had this pattern for a while.  I don't actually have the fabric for it, although if I poached from a couple of kits I could pull enough together.  I'm just undecided as it if that's something I actually want to do...  Let's put it on the possible start list for now... 

Image result for sparklers quilt


Abacus

So it turns out I've had this listed under the wrong name for the entire time it's been on my list - it's actually called Quill.  I think I will get this one cut.  It should be a quick finish. 


Triple Barn Star

Another pattern I've had for quite a while.  This one would be for Aunt Bev, out of the Morris layer cakes I've been hoarding.  I need to adjust the pattern up to a king size, which is probably the only reason I haven't done it yet.  It would probably be a pretty quick sew once I get that done.  So this one definitely stays.  



Aviatrix 

By Elizabeth Hartman - a kit from Craftsy.  Oh, so not sure what to do with this one.  Love it, fear it will take forever...  Put on the possible start list? 


Making Modern

One that I think I will do - it should be quick, and should put a dent in a couple of my stash pieces.  I don't have a picture handy, but it's probably a weekend finish, should I get some dedicated time. 

Downton Abbey - Economy Block quilt

I have a TON of Downton Abbey fabric left.  I've been alternating between wanting to do a tumbler quilt and an economy block quilt.  I want to see if I can get it set up to do as a leader/ender project. 
Stays on the list

Bitter Almond

I picked up this pattern at a quilt shop last fall.  I have a stash of blue/green batik fat quarters that would be lovely.  Going on the list. 

Lemon Pepper

I picked up this pattern at the same time.  They both appealed to me, as they don't have any triangles but still have a lot of interest.  I have this stack of bright chevrons/dots/stripes that I think would work well with this.  Going on the possible list, I think.  I'd rather do the batiks first...


Shenandoah

Definitely going on the list - a very quick quilt that will go into the display rotation for my Frond quilts.



Color Plus

One of the kits I'd have to raid to do the Sparklers quilt.  I think I like Sparklers more than this one?  Choices... 



Happy Camper

I have fat quarters and yardage for this.  I think it's going on the list.  It should be relatively quick, with the large blocks, and it's a fun pattern.  


Chic Country

So I hadn't put this on the list, because I didn't have enough fat quarters for it.  But I dug around last night, and came a lot closer than I thought.  The curves would be a challenge, which is why I want to get to it sooner rather than later.  Learning new things is good!   I think I can come up with enough fabric.  I really want to stick to my fabric diet this year.  



Wonderland 

Going on the list for adding to my Frond quilt rotation, but after Shenandoah.  Shouldn't take long, the border checks are actually a print, and I haven't checked to see if the flying geese are actually stitched, or the print cut on the bias.  

Percolate

Another kit; I definitely want to do it.  Gee, I'm saying that about an awful lot of these projects... 



Edited to add - Prism Star

I purchased this kit because my guild co-president and I signed up to do a program on making a lone star from 2.5 inch strips, which happens be what happens in this quilt.  This one is foundation pieced, and I got started on it this weekend (since the program is a week from today!) and at least got all the strips cut and arranged with their various foundation papers.  It's a Quiltworx pattern, and I've always wanted to try one of those, so another learning experience. 


Also added - 

All those blocks we need to sew up from our charity block challenge from guild.  There are a TON of them!  Those ladies are productive!!

And one more add - Moda Love (with Alison Glass) II

I finished one of these this year, and my SIL (who asked me to make another quilt, then decided she didn't like it) loved it.  And it's a pretty easy finish, I just need to add wide borders to make it king-sized.  

Prairie Tucker

Okay, this is just a stack of fat quarters looking for a project.  Going to have to wait until I finish the ones that already have a match. 


Blocks of the Month 

Angela Walters Build a quilt - quick easy blocks, take only an evening to finish.  Should be able to keep on track pretty easily!
Stellar Stars - I'm working if this is actually a possible match for that stack of Prairie Tuckers.  Patterns shouldn't be too bad... 



Classic Meets Modern - again, shouldn't be too hard, and should use up that pile of bright solids I ordered at the end of last year.  


Hmm, that's a lot of things on the list, and it doesn't actually take into account the time to actually quilt anything!  But it does help to get it all listed out. 

Priority Order:

1. Definitely the baby quilt.  Time sensitive!
1a. Prism Star - also time sensitive
2. Triple Barn Star for Bev.  I've been promising her a quilt forever
3. Set up Downton Abbey for leader/ender project
4. Round up enough fabric for Chic Country
5. Moda Love II - since it's for Barb
6. Whatever I decide to do for the Church Dinner?

Having trouble getting a priority after that.  Definitely requires more thought!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!