A Fast Finish

With the new long-arm, I find myself making quick quilt tops to practice the free motion quilting.  So I'm ending up with a LOT of finished quilts!  The quilting on some of them is still a bit rougher than I'd like, but hey, that's more quilts that the kids can use to build forts!

This one I'm actually pretty pleased with, and it is headed off with my dear Aunt Susie.


This is a pattern from a magazine, although I can't recall which one just now.  Very simple, but I had recently purchased a bundle of batiks and it seemed a great fit.  I loaded it onto the machine sideways, and did a different quilting motif in each band.  Feathers, loops, straight lines, I had some fun with them! 


Feathers definitely require practice...


 Straight lines also require practice...


Overall I'm pretty happy with my progress.  I've been using a roll of poly batting; less expensive to practice with, and I actually like the fluff factor.  



Glad to have another one finished!  It ended at a good sized twin, so I hope it gets well used and loved. 

Comments

  1. Hi,
    This is the perfect canvas for you to practice your long-arm quilting skills. I love all the different patterns you tried - it looks like some ruler work in there, too. Really nice and I'll bet Aunt Susie will love it. It will look great on a twin size bed. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you were having a lot of fun trying out different FMQ motifs. Great job! And I always like to celebrate a finish. Such a great feeling, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!