A BIG BIG Day!!

I finally got my long-arm!!  I've been thinking about getting one for ages, and we actually built the room in the shop with the intention that someday my long-arm would go in there.  I was spurred on by my quilting buddy Natalie, who suggested that we go in together on one.  Well, that seemed to make a lot of sense.  She stays at home, so she could come over and use it during the day while I'm at work, and she doesn't have room for one of her own, so it benefited us both.  We saw a Nolting demonstration at a quilt sale, and we know several ladies with Noltings who love them.  In addition they're an Iowa company, so support is close by if we need it.  They had a used model that suited us perfectly, so here we are!!  I think between us we have about 15 tops waiting to be quilted, so it's going to get a work out, just as soon as we muster up enough courage to load a "real" quilt onto the machine!




I'm still working out the two room system.  I know, a tough problem to have?  I've moved a couple of "block by block" projects inside, so I have something to work on when I just want to run upstairs for 10 minutes or so, as opposed to my larger, repeated block projects.  I have a couple of quick quilts that I want to throw in the mix, now, in order to have some more practice projects.  I should finish up those UFO's in some manner or other for the same reason!  I did volunteer to help Jo at Jo's Country Junction with her charity quilts, so that should be some good practice as well. 



I'm working on getting my to-do list reorganized with some solid priorities.  Thinking about my commitments, I would like to do a quilt for the kids' teachers.  I've got the "Elementary" Layer Cake that would be perfect for one, and maybe one of the planned quick quilts for the other??  I need to get cracking on the quilt for the Fall Dinner - that always comes up much faster than I think it does...   Kelley claimed Breezeway, so that one at least has a home to go to.  As does Tilted Squares, that one is headed to Aunt Karen.  I do want to get started on the one for Aunt Bev, as well.  She's done so much for the kids, and the pattern that I've picked out should be another quick one, if large (she requested king-sized).  I also want to get one going for cousin Cindy Sue. 








Too many projects, not enough time!!!


WIPS

Aviatrix - stalled, need to get moving on this one!
Farmer's Wife - should move indoors for the smaller projects...
Moda Building Blocks - moved indoors, add to list
PB&J Four Square - cut the alternating squares, just need to assemble top
MSQC stars (Leader/Ender) - making progress, should finish up quickly
Barb's Quilt - working on the center 16 patches, have the 4 patches inside as L/E projects, making progress
Quilter's Patch - BOM from FQS.  Finished first block, cut out second (97 pieces in a 12 inch square!!!)

Needs Binding

Landscape
Grunge Mini
French General Mini

Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Breezeway (basted)
KerBloom - need a back
Stars (basted)
Every Which Way - need a back
Tilted Squares - need a back
Mom's quilt - basted

Planning 

Gravity
Sparklers
Abacus
Social Ladder - for Bev
Batik quick quilt (from McCall's quick quilts magazine)
Layer Cake quick quilt (from weekend quilts book)
Fat Quarter quick quilt (pinterest pattern)
Fall Dinner quilt



UFO's

Craftsy QAYG
Vintage Modern Scrappy
Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms

Comments

  1. Dropping by from the Moda Bake Shop where I saw your fabulous Tilted Squares quilt. I love everything about it....the limited palette, the negative space, and the movement of the squares. It's truly a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! It actually is pretty easy to put together. I'm excited to quilt it on my new long-arm. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!