Progress


So not so much a quilting progress post (or at least not solely) but more about progress in general.  Thanks to the support of a dear friend, I finished my first 5K.  I'm a firm member of the run-only-if-something-is-chasing-you category, and even with that I frequently gauge just how large the thing chasing me is before running.  But middle age is a cruel thing, and my middle section is rapidly expanding to take on a general whiskey-barrel shape.  So running and exercise, and cutting down on my beloved carbs and sweets, really has to happen.  My dear friend, whom I haven't seen in over 5 years, told me if I signed up for a 5K she would come run it with me.  As a "real" runner, I'm sure sticking with my snail pace was painful for her, but we had a great time and it was wonderful to see her! 


Kid events are also taking over the calendar more and more, and I'm sure it will only get worse as the kids and niblings get older!  Isadora had her first band concert, and she was one of only two kids selected for the Young Musicians Honor Band.  She was thrilled beyond words, and we are so proud of her!  My best memories of school all involved band and music, so I'm glad she's finding success there as well. 


There is some quilting in progress - this is for the Charley Harper mini-swap.  I do have two of these in progress, as I really want one for myself as well!  I'm not much for embroidery, so the eyes were a challenge, but I like it so far.  I'm playing around with border colors and ideas.  

I did the lines on the snowy owl with the walking foot.  It was 12wt thread, and I've never used that in my machine before, but it came out well, I think. 


The pink swap is also in progress.  I've had the kaleidoscope ruler forever, and thought a small project like this would be a good testing ground for it.  I'm still trying to figure out how to quilt it, although I think spirals may be involved...  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!