Mosaic - DONE!

Many eons ago I finished my Mosaic quilt top.  It was from the Modern Minimal book, which is one that's been on my shelf for a while.  It has several tops that I would love to make; this was the first I'd attempted, and getting it out again has made me want to tackle a couple more.  In fact, my sister-in-law and brother are getting ready to move into their new house, and she's requested something in neutrals, and I think some of these designs would be perfect (off to adjust my to do list...)


To get back to the point of this post, I put together the Mosaic top, and it has sat in my stash ever since.  I've been trying to work through some of my WIP's, and also give a few more quilts to charity, and so decided that this one would be donated.  Enter the fabulous Jo of Jo's Country Junction.   She's got an entire project dedicated to finishing quilt tops and donating them to a wide variety of worthy causes.  As a fellow Iowa farm girl, I just love what she's doing, and so I sent this off to her.  (These are all pictures from her website, so thanks for finishing this up, Jo!)


She found some perfected donated fabric for backing - the colors work great!


She did a straight line quilting across the middle section, and square in a square on the white, which works just perfectly.   The middle section is all improv piecing, and this was the first of that I'd done. 


Now it's off to North Dakota, for one of Jo's volunteer binders to put a binding on.  And from there off to someone who needs it.  The on-line quilting community is truly amazing!  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!