Canyon Jewels

I'm back at the Bakeshop!  I love Kate Spain, so this was a pleasure to work on, and a fun pattern to put together.  I don't usually do applique, but this is pretty straightforward, and because of the large size of blocks goes together very quickly.


I ended up making it a queen-sized quilt.  That hadn't been my original plan, but my daughter loved it, and I decided to make it large enough to put on her bed.  She currently has a quilt, but it's a twin sized quilt on a queen sized bed, and it's a design for a younger girl, so I thought this was a good time to upgrade her. 

The colors in Canyon are just wonderful - bright and saturated and lovely.  I adore the greys thrown in there, too.  
I used the white background fabrics for the outer border, and I'm pleased with how it makes it large enough for a queen bed without distracting from the center. 
I had the quilter use a large all-over hexagon based quilting pattern, and I thought it tied in well with the shapes on the jewel pieces that make the flowers. 


Here it is on the bed - my daughter loves it!


Comments

  1. Everyone would like to know where to get the templates for this quilt. The are not included in the pattern on Moda bake shop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!