Northern Lights

This is one that my sister commissioned, as a baby quilt for a friend.  The baby's name is Voss, which is definitely unusual, but let me play with a bit of large scale alphabet appliqué.


The pattern is Northern Lights, by Jaybird quilts.  It uses the Hex-n-more ruler, and with that tool it goes together very quickly.  


It's all Kona solids.  I usually don't work with just solids, but this was a fun project to do, and it does make me want to branch out to more solids.  The "V" I made freehand, and I think it turned out pretty well.  I used good old wonder under to iron it in place, then used a zigzag to secure it.

The quilter alternated fill patterns in the colors, and I love the result.  It gives it a bit more definition and variety.


Obviously my quilt holder likes it!  It's hopefully in the hands of its new owner now, and I can happily check off another finished project.

Comments

  1. Ooh, that is super cool! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! What a lucky baby! And as the personal owner of an unusual name, I think Voss is a terrific moniker. Careful about those solids--they will draw you right in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Your color choices are inspired. I enjoy working with solids too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really got a kick out of that last photo. She looks so enthusiastic. I'm not into solids much, but this one turned out great! Thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone,

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely quilt. Those hex n more rulers are great. Makes piecing so much more accurate. visiting from FIUF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are perfect. I have not tried the jaybirds rulers or patterns but the quilts are beautiful and every says they are easy to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely quilt and so large so it'll grow with baby for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to give this design a try. Your version is lovely -- well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!