WIP Wednesday

There isn't much movement on the list itself, but I've been making good progress on my WIP's.  I have the top of Northern Lights pretty much finished - my sister wants an initial appliqued on (it's a baby quilt) so I'm working on refining that before I sew it on. 

My secret project is coming together, but it's been painful.  I got it up on the design wall last night, and I HATED it.  The feel was all wrong, you couldn't see what I considered one of the main design elements, and as my husband put it "it makes my head hurt".  Not exactly a resounding success.  So I made some adjustments, moved things around, and it's definitely better.  I think the quilting will have some major impacts on the final result, so I'm going to have to put some serious thought into that, too.  Originally I'd thought about doing it myself, but I think it's going to have to go to the long-armer to get what I want. 

I'm also chugging along on the leaders and enders, and am almost to the bottom of that pile. It's going to be another bright and happy quilt.  Startdust is a bit stalled until I find some more time to peel paper, then it should be a quick run to the finish.  I'm trying to decide what to pull from the planning list into the active pile, as I should be able to move at least two from the WIP into the top completed pile.  I've realized we're rapidly coming to the end of the school year, so I'd better get started on elementary, as it's the thank-you quilt for Isadora's teacher. 

Recent Completions!!

Ribbon Box
Christmas Impromptu (Need pictures)
Lucky Pezzy (Need pictures)

WIPs:

Park Bench (Six of 15 completed)
Secret Project
Northern Lights

Farmer's Wife (LONG term project! - 20 blocks completed)
Stardust  
Scrappy Chevrons (leader and ender setup)

Needs Binding

Vintage Modern

At the quilter:

Top Completed, waiting for quilting:

Swoon
Mosaic
Avalon BOM 1

Planning:

Secret Garden (layer cake quilt)
Madonna and Child
Snowbird BOM
Elementary

UFO's:

Craftsy QAYG quilt (three of twelve completed)
Vintage Modern Scrappy
Fabulous Flowers - stalled until I figure out how to fix it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!