Changes in plans

I was supposed to be in the Lake of the Ozarks today, having a blast with my mom and sisters.  Alas, it was not meant to be.  One of my parent's neighbors passed away over the weekend.  Both he and my mom have lived there their entire lives, so Mom has known him literally since birth, and their families have been friends for several generations.  This couple and my parents are very close, and I've known him since I was born.  It is a huge loss for our neighborhood and especially for our church.  It turns out the funeral isn't going to be until Saturday (as many of the people who will attend are also very involved in organizing the fair this week), but I know Mom would not have felt comfortable leaving while the church is getting ready for a major funeral.

In other news, I've asked the carpenter who helped finish up the basement last time to come and work on the shelves.  I want them to look a little better (okay, a lot better) than they do now by the time Marc comes home.  He's coming in the evenings this week, so hopefully that will help quite a bit.  I need to get some more painting and priming done this week, so probably not much time to sew!  I'd like to get the basket quilt finished, and started on scrappy chevron.  But I do, at least, have 11 of the 12 (or more accurately 22 of 24) BOM blocks done.  I'm still debating what to do with the finishing kit, as I'm not a huge fan of the design, nor inclined to make 50 flying geese.  And they picked my least favorite fabric for the outer border.  Go figure!  So I'm leaning towards making it without the flying geese, and using that one for the church dinner.  I've got a setting I think will work for my version.  We'll see how my plan turns out!  This making stuff up on my own is a new thing, and a bit scary...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!