Too many scraps - anyone want some??

This is my scrap bin:


It's a bit ridiculous, especially since I've never really ventured into genuine scrap quilts.  (The main reason I had the courage to start quilting at all was that I discovered precuts, where all of the fabrics were designed to go together!!)  I'd like to, but at this point the sheer volume of the scraps is overwhelming me a bit.  And since I know some people are so much better and happier with scraps, and this would make them happy, and not give them palpitations like it does to me, I'm going to give some away.

So here's the deal.  Comment here, and I'll pick at least one person as winner.  I will stuff a large priority mailbox as full as I possibly can and send it off to a good home.  No need to be a follower, since my only goal in blogging is to try and keep myself a bit accountable and have a little fun.  Although hey, if you want to join my mother and the world's best babysitter as followers, I will happily give you an extra entry!

Most of the scrap box is quilting cottons, although there is the occasional bit of apparel fabric.  There are leftover charms, leftover layers, remnants of fat quarters and who knows what else.  Some of the fabrics are odd shapes, from the apparel cutting.

Comments

  1. Yay! A giveaway of scraps! Nothing better! Thanks for the opportunity and I love your charity quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I have only been quilting a couple years my stash is still small. I'm trying to encourage Mom to quilt and sew more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allison - I'll happily give you a pile of scraps whenever you like! You are, after all, the world's best babysitter. Isadora says so repeatedly. :)

      Delete
    2. Since I am making a charm quilt, I would so love some. Thanks for the chance

      Delete
  3. Scraps - I have a ton, but could always use more! strips, stars, charms and lots of fun things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!