Random Happiness

It seemed for a while around here that Spring had actually sprung. 


The kids got to spend some time in the tractor with Grandpa, and feeding some very curious baby Holsteins.  It took a bit of patience, but their inherent curiosity won out, and they were eating the grass out of her hands.


The cousins were also out on the farm, and practicing the art of fence climbing.  When I first drove Colin down to meet up with Grandpa on the tractor, he said "But Grandpa is on the other side of the fence!! How am I supposed to get on the tractor?"  I told him if he couldn't figure that out, he wasn't going to get to ride.  He figured it out pretty quickly.  :)


We let them explore for a bit around the farm, too.  I love their sense of wonder and adventure!


My hubby sent me some BEAUTIFUL flowers for Mother's Day, and a card that makes me get weepy every time I read it.  Every time!


My son has not quite yet mastered the art of the selfie.  I found about two dozen of these on my phone, as well as random photos of the inside of the dishwasher.


He has, however, mastered the art of wrapping Grandpa around his cute little finger.


The quilt tops are getting knocked out.  This was a quick one, the Layer Cake Lemonade pattern (mostly, I added a bit to make it larger) from Moda, and was sent off to Jo at Jo's Country Junction to be used for a charity top.


This one met the same fate - this one was a pattern I found in a magazine, and seemed like a good way to use up some of the stash.  I need to do more stashbusting!  (Like scraps?? See my giveaway!)

Lots of things going on to make me smile around here.  The end of the school year is approaching, spring is hopefully here, quilt tops and clothes are being produced, children are happy, and life is, as always, good.  :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!