Improvisational Quilting

During my nightly phone call with Marc, I mentioned that I was stretching myself a bit by doing some improvisational quilting.  I thought he was going to hurt himself laughing.  He had no idea how much there was to quilting (quilting novels? quilting cruises?) until I took up the hobby, so it's a continual education process.  Especially when I'm trying to explain why I need to save up more than $300 to replace my sewing machine. 

Regardless, I was doing improvisational quilting last night.  I was making 'slabs', out of the Sunday Morning Quilts book.  It's VERY much a stretch for me.  But I keep trying to learn new things, and I want to get better at it, so practice it is!  I have a bunch of leftover Vintage Modern fabric from the FQS Mystery BOM, so I'm using that to make a scrap quilt.  Here is the first one:


I'm not trilled with the results.  I think it's that there are a bunch of small pieces, and several large pieces, and not many medium ones.  Something about the balance or distribution just feels wrong to me.  So I'll keep working on it!  I have plenty of fabric...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!