Felt so good!

I spent a LOT of time in my craft room this weekend, checked a lot of things off of my to-do list, finished several projects, and it felt so good! 

I finished Comma Squares, and even got it boxed up and ready to send to Kelley.  She's going to use it in a fund raiser for her kids' preschool.  Her hubby is 100% Latvian, and all my nieces go to this Latvian preschool, so I'm happy to help out a bit.  I quilted it myself, just straight line quilting, but it was kind of fun. 


I did a cross pattern in the center part, and echoed the lines on the border section.  The thread color was a bit of a question for me.  I ended up using this variegated orange/yellow thread on the back and in the colored sections, and black on black.  I was a little concerned about how it would look with bits of thread showing on the wrong side, but as long as you're not two inches away, I think it looks pretty nice.  And it was probably the only opportunity I'll have to use that thread. :) 

I finished three of the Avalon BOM blocks (two of each!) and got a fourth cut out.  I cut out and finished a new top for me, and got some fabric pulled for more clothes for me and Isadora.  (Trying to use up that stash!!)  I put away some of my winter fabric pulls; going to try and concentrate on the summer stuff for now.  And if I get some more weeks like last week, I should be able to make some good progress. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!