A Finish - Do the Happy Dance!

Yes, there is a quilt in the background of my quilt photo!


After putting the little one to bed last night, I went down to my craft room and decided it was time to get an actual FINISH.  As in a quilt, completely done, put that binding on, sew that label on and DONE!  And I did; what a happy feeling.  And this is undoubtedly my oldest UFO.  According to my database, this one was started in 2011.  One of the reasons for the delay was that it was just plain lost for a while.  I started it while I was staying with Mom and Dad.  I'd put it up for a bit while finding more fabric for it, and the darned thing vanished.  I found it last summer, in their machine storage shed.  Made no sense whatsoever, but there it was!  The shed had sustained some damage during a major storm, and all of us kids had come down to help clean up.  We were throwing all sorts of stuff out, and I came across a tote with a completely random assortment of things in it, including the bag with the quilt blocks.  So I finally finished it up!

I'd been planning on sending it off to a long-armer who does charity quilts, since the colors really aren't my favorite, but my sister happened to see it and was just gushing over how much she loved the colors, so now it's headed to her house.  I love happy endings! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!