Help with a decision??

First of all, I've decided to call this one a (mostly) finish:





I was going to tear it apart to move the square up to where it "should" be, but upon thinking about it more (and, in all honestly, not wanting to do that much ripping!) I've decided I'm going to wait until this has a baby recipient to go to, and use leftover fabric to applique the name in the large blank area.  My siblings are all pretty much done in the baby department, so it may be waiting for a while!  


In other developments, the nephew of one of our very dear Navy friends was in a very serious accident last fall.  He's completely lost his vision in one eye, and although the overall prognosis is good, there are still a lot of obstacles for him to overcome.  The family is having a fundraiser to help the parents, and I volunteered to provide a quilt.  I have several finished ones around, and I'm trying to figure out which one would be the best one to give.

First up is Colorful Reunion:


It's one of my favorites - colorful and bright.  It was quick to put together, but generally it's well liked. 

There's supersize shoefly, a twin-size quilt:



I'm not sure how well this one would sell.  The fact that it's a bed size would appeal to some, but not others.  It does have a fun back, though!

I also have Basic Math.  I really like this one, but with the funky modern fabrics I'm not sure how much overall appeal it would have.
On the design wall

The finished product


Silk Road is the final one I have ready to go.  I think this is a lovely quilt, but it's definitely more feminine that the other ones.

In progress - a view of the top

The finished product


Do any of you have any thoughts on which I should donate to a fundraiser??


Comments

  1. My vote is basic math or silk road!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from crazy mum quilts. Far out you have done heaps. I don't know which you should donate - tough choices

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is colorful reunion. It is bright and simple. Those are always the ones I get the most comments about. Only quilters respond to a well blended intricately patterned quilt, My personal favorite is silk road, Basic math for some reason looks younger to me, even though as an old lady I like it. Supersize shoofly and I just don't have any connection. I have donated 2 quilts for auction, the first was a lot more work, the second sold for over twice as much. Know the audience and pick from that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I think it will be Reunion. Everyone just loves the bright colors.

      Delete
  4. I agree with the Colourful Reunion that stitchinpenny suggested - so colourful and anyone will love it! All of your work is gorgeous, I think I will have to become a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely like colourful reunion the best, it's my taste though. Funny I like basic math's look on the chair but not so much on the wall. Not sure why. I'm sure which ever one you donate there will be someone who will love and cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I have to agree with you about Basic Math. When it was up on the wall I really wasn't sure about it all, but I love the finished product!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!