2014 Goals

I prefer goals to resolutions - more concrete, more definitive, more achievable.  So here's my attempt at setting some sewing and quilting SMART goals.

1.  Finish 24 Farmer's wife blocks.  That's 2/month, and doable.
2.  Finish the blocks for the FQS Mystery BOM.  I haven't done a single one so far, so I have some definite catch-up to do.  I'm giving myself until August 31st.
3.  Finish the blocks for Toes in the Sand.  These are quick to put together, I just need to make the time to do it.  I'm giving myself until July 31st. 
4.  IF we cannot find my First Communion dress (and I know it's in Mom's attic somewhere), make a First Communion dress for Isadora.  I'm hoping I don't have to do this one - I'd really love to have her wear mine.
5.  Complete a Sally Shirtdress by May 1st.
6.  Complete a Priscilla Tunic by June 1st.
7.  Finish Ruby, Pearl and Opal by March 31st.  I never got all of the blocks back from my quilting bee, so I'm going to just put together what I have and call it done.
8.  Finish Comma Squares by Jan 31st.  Easy finish, I have everything ready for it.
9.  Finish the QAYG quilt and Craftsy class by the end of the year.
10.  Finish a new quilt for the Fall Festival at St. Joseph's.  I don't know what it will be yet.
11.  Sell a quilt!

I think these are all I'm going to put in writing for now.  I'll work on other stuff through the year, I'm sure, but these reflect things I have in progress, and things I'd like to make progress on, so I think it's a good starting point.

And to check in on last year...

I want to finish Swoon, I think that is a given.  I also want to make a LOT more progress on my Farmer's Wife quilt.  I want to finish the BOM Vintage Modern Quilt. Since I have Summer Breeze in progress, finishing that is also on the list.  DONE!  Swoon is ready to go to the quilter.  Made some progress on FW.  Vintage Modern BOM is ready to go to the quilter, and Summer Breeze was finished and used for the Church Dinner. 

I'd like to try a QAYG quilt.  Not sure on what, though!  I need to look through the other projects I have in my head, and get a good priority on them.  I started the QAYG quilt, but that's as far as it got. 

I need (although I don't want!) to stop buying fabric!  Or at least limit it to fabric I need to finish a project, with an emphasis on using what I already have to start off with.  OK, totally failed on this one.

I want to make a duvet cover for my down comforter.  That might be a good one to use for the QAYG project... Didn't make any progress on this one, primarily because I decided I hate my down comforter (all the down has migrated to one corner, and refuses to be redistributed) and didn't want to go to the effort. 

Also on the list is another quilt for the Church Auction.
DONE!

We'll see if I can do better this year...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!