This and that and progress

I had another project jump the queue.  I have a brand new nephew, Adric, and I hadn't really thought about making him a quilt.  I'm not sure why, although the fact that his grandmother (my sister's MIL) is an amazing quilter herself and probably has something in the works for him might have had something to do with it!  Grandma Susan is amazing (we've pretty much adopted her into the family).  She is the one who encouraged me to start quilting, so I'm forever grateful to her!

But back on point, I decided that a baby can't have too many blankets, and started to whip one up.  Most of my fabric is decidedly more feminine, but I did have a stash of some Summersville, with matching solids, that has been waiting for inspiration to strike.  A quick trip to the Moda Bake Shop, and Summersville Crinkle is in the works. 



The pattern calls for using the tension method for creating the ruffles.  I'd never done that before, but decided to give it a whirl.  All I can say is WOW, that is a great way to make ruffles!  It worked like a charm.  It actually ruffled it up a bit too much, but I left plenty of thread for adjustments.  


I'm thinking of finishing this one off without binding, too.  It seems like a good size to try that, and I think the pattern lends itself well to not having a binding.  

I also cut out a couple of shirts last night.  One should go together quickly, but it's a very slick, silky fabric, so that should be an adventure to work with.  The other has a bit more detail, but it's a cotton fabric that should be pretty easy to work with.  

Recent Completions:

Stacks of Color

WIPs:
Farmer's Wife (LONG term project!)
Fat Quarter Shop BOM (TWELVE of twelve completed!!)
Ruby, Pearl and Opal (waiting for my bee blocks)
Craftsy QAYG quilt
Black and White shirt
Pin tuck shirt
Summersville Crinkle

Top Completed, waiting for quilting

Swoon
Summer Breeze Jewels
Salad
Hugs and Kisses
Basic Math

Planning:

Heart of Mine 2
Simply Woven
Lucky Pezzy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!