Weather the Storm

Big storms this weekend.  Our house and property survived with minimal damage, but Mom wasn't so lucky.  As seems to be the case whenever Dad leaves, wind did significant damage to something.  In this case, the big white shed.  Wind got inside and lifted the inner support beams five feet out of the ground, snapping several others.



Mom asked if we could come down and help take care of things.  Mainly, she wanted the things of value moved out of the shed, in case of more wind, or if there is some chance the building can be saved.  So I left work early, and left Gunner with the neighbor, and headed down there.  Marc also came, as did Sean and Matt.

I made Isadora and the boys help out as well, although they would much rather have run around and played.  I tried to tell them that family needed help, and that came first.


I know Dad wishes he were here to help, but since he's off walking across Europe, I hope we filled in sufficiently!  And if nothing else, I could send him some good news - the beans are coming up quite nicely.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!