May Day Crowning

Yesterday was the May Day crowning at Church, with a special 6 p.m. Mass.  The little kids get to carry flowers up to the statue of the Blessed Virgin, and a crown of flowers is placed on her head.  Isadora has been asking for days if she would get to crown Mary.  I kept telling her it wasn't up to me, and they'd selected another child to put on the crown.  But it turns out that she was too short (by at least a foot!) and they called Isadora up to help the little one.  She was ecstatic.  To put it mildly.


Gunner was NOT behaving during the Mass at all.  We sang Immaculate Mary.  I was trying to accompany, but ended up butchering it in places as he was grabbing my arms and banging on the keyboard.  Not fun.  We ended up in the basement so he could run around.  I could not believe how he was trying to tackle Colin, either.  Definitely something different, there!

I also agreed to help chair the church dinner.  I think that will be a good thing.  I love my parish.  It's small, but very close knit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!