Weekends are so short...

Why does it seem the weekends just fly by??  This past one was good.  Isadora went to a playdate at a friends, and they had a wonderful time.  In a bit of really good news, it turns out that her friend's family is building a house very close to ours.  They will definitely be able to just bike over to see each other.  What a treat!

I spent most of Saturday in my craft room, but it was more of a purging/cleaning/organizing kind of day than one where much sewing got done.  It was much needed, although I still have a ton left to do!  A lot of it is just where it ended up when I unpacked boxes, so there hasn't been a lot of thought put into making it organized, or what I really need.  For example, I've pretty much accepted that I'm never going to really do much scrapbooking, so why do I still have all those supplies?  And what do I do with the big pieces of leftover home decor fabric?  I'm not going to use it, and it doesn't really work in quilts.  I also laid out a half dozen of my clothing projects.  I keep putting them off, and I do actually need some nice summer tops, so I want to get some of those done. 

Yesterday Collette and I went up to the craft show.  Always fun to walk around those!  Such lovely jewelry, although I did manage to resist.  My quilts looked very nice in Mom's booth, but they didn't sell.  I'm not terribly surprised, and I'm glad they added some color to her booth.

Up for the next couple of weekends needs to be some landscaping work.  Although this weekend is pretty much shot.  We're having family photos taken, and then Sunday's is Grandpa's 90th birthday party.  But we've been in the house a year now, so I can't use that excuse as to why the place still doesn't look done!  The pond is coming along, though.  It's completely full, and hopefully we'll come up with some plan for fixing the bridge.

It's so pretty in the afternoons, with the trees reflecting off the surface. It looked amazing this weekend, with a very still surface, and raindrops, and the sun peeking through the clouds. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!