Another Finish! And a milestone...

This is my Supersize Shoefly.  I think it turned out pretty well.  It was a relatively quick one, one of those total impulse makes after seeing the pattern.  I am going to try and sell it this weekend at a craft fair (thanks for letting me in your booth, Mom!) so I snapped a couple of pictures in the house last night.


It's big, easily big enough for a twin bed.  After a bit of research, I have found that there is absolutely no consensus out there in blogland about how to price a quilt, so I'm just going to take a stab at it and see what happens.  


 I did a fun pieced back, too.  Used up quite a bit of the rest of the fabric, and gave it a little punch.  I also had the long arm quilter do a bit of custom quilting, so it was fun coming up with that.

But in what I think of as slightly more exciting news, I FINISHED THE 9TH SWOON BLOCK!!!  I did a happy dance when I got them all up on the wall.  I love them!  I used some of my prodigious store of batik fat quarters (I may have a problem when it comes to collecting fat quarters) in the purple/pink/black family.  Can't wait to see this one finished!




Comments

  1. i love your shoe-fly! so cute it makes me want to sew on, like, right now! :)
    pricing a quilt is brutal. do you charge for your time? just the materials? how much for your time? how much can you mark up materials? ugh... it makes me dizzy thinking about it. I hope you figured out a solution you're comfortable with & that it sells at your mom's booth! it's certainly cute enough to deserve a good price. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoofly quilt is so bright and colourful. And swoon quilt is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shoo fly quilt. I have fabrics to make one but it is still on the to do list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!