A hitch in the plan...

I went to cut out my daughter's Easter dress last night, only to discover that the lovely fabric she'd picked from my stash was NOT going to work.  I had five yards of a Michael Miller print from the Secret Garden line.  Beautiful fabric, truly.  But since it was going in apparel, I'd thrown it into the washer (cold, gentle cycle, alone) to preshrink it.  And it bled.  A lot.  The dark areas ran extensively, and there are spots of color just all over it.  It's basically unusable, unfortunately.  I emailed Fat Quarter Shop today, we'll see if they say anything.  I'd originally bought that much thinking it would be a good quilt backing, so I'm just glad I didn't use it for a quilt, THEN have it bleed all over a brand new quilt!






On the bright side, I did at least have enough of another fabric that she liked, so I did get the dress cut out.  I'll have to run to Mom's to see if she has some suitable trim, and need to stop by JoAnn's for some green thread.


The pattern itself should go together relatively quickly.  Here's hoping it gets done by Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!