Checking things off the list

I have a small ironing board I keep next to my machine, for those little jobs while I'm sewing.  (Too lazy to get up and walk to the full size board!)  I think this board dates back to the Clinton administration.  And it looks it.






Burnt, multiple holes for the iron tip to get caught in, and doesn't really stay on.  The padding looked worse, if that's even possible.  So on my to do list for some time has been to fix it.  This week I finally got around to it!

It wasn't terribly hard.  I used two fat quarters sewn together, and a layer of Insul-bright.  I used the old cover as a guide, making the cover slightly larger so I could sew a channel for elastic around it.

And this is what it looks like now!  Much improved, I'd say.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!