Misadventures...

In retrospect, I can only laugh!

Mom picked up Gunner from daycare yesterday, as I had a meeting with Isadora's principal.  We then met at the Y to do the PiYo class.  Well, she drove off with the car seat, so after a quick phone call she's on her way back, and Gunner is having a blast sitting in the driver's seat, playing with knobs, pushing buttons, etc.  Mom quickly shows up, and I start unhooking the carseat.  I turn around to open the door to put it in my car, and THE LITTLE STINKER HAS LOCKED THE DOORS!!!  Yes, he managed to lock himself in the car.  With my keys.  

Fortunately it's a cool evening, so I don't have to worry about him overheating or anything, but he's only 18 months old, so doesn't really get it when I tell him to "hey, push that button there!" while vainly pointing down at the door handle.  I know where the spare set is - in my house, seven miles away.  So I hop in Mom's car and proceed at speeds far above the limit for my keys.

By the time I get back, Gunner is more than a bit frantic, and just can't figure out why Grandma (who is probably quite chilly, since she had no coat) won't open the doors.  When I open the car, he dives at me, and just won't let go.  He was not pleased with Grandma, to say the least.  Poor kid!

I have one of those little magnetic cases to hold keys, I'm just always afraid it will fall off the car, or get knocked off my the rocks on the gravel roads.  Might have to try to get an extra set and try it anyway!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!