Finished!!!

So, the quilt fairy showed up at my house last night and finished sewing the binding on my latest project. Thanks a bajillion, quilt fairy!!! (aka my never to be sufficiently blessed mother...)

So now I have two boy quilts done, one for a nephew and one for Marc's grandson. I'm going to let the nephew's mom have first pick, see which one she likes. I'm a bit nervous about how well one of them would hold up over time. I used a higher loft batting, partly polyester, but my quilting pattern is not that dense. Hopefully it will not break apart over the years. But in that quilt, I used less expensive fabrics, and can I just say never again? The difference in quality is just so obvious. In fact, half of the first bunch I used had to be thrown away, as it shrunk about 25 percent the minute I put an iron to it! You definitely get what you pay for...

Going to take a short break from the quilts. (!) But I have several fun retro aprons I want to make, one for each of my sisters, for me and for Mom. Hope I can get them all done before Christmas!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!