Progress here and there

The retreat allowed me to make a fair amount of progress and actually notch up some finishes.  I finished bitter almond and the Frond quilt while there.  I finished piecing Prism Star, and I also got the center of Barb's quilt done.  I still need to add borders to size it up to a king-sized for her.  I also spent a chunk of time putting together the blocks that the guild finished. I finished Bev's quilt shortly after, in time for Mom to take it off to Denver.  I'm still waiting for mom to send me pictures!  I got Quill done to give to a co-worker of mine who's retiring.  She's a fellow quilter, so I hope she appreciates it!  I delayed enough that I didn't get a good picture of it, either.



I dropped off the Frond quilt with them, and gave them another pattern suggestion, so we'll see if anything comes of that.

Since I have a whole pile of tops to be quilted and Natalie is using the long-arm, I've been working on sewing some clothing for me the past couple of weeks.  I took two days off before Memorial day weekend, and spent a chunk of time just cutting out garments.  (I spent a lot more time pulling weeds, but that's another story!)  I cut out a Washi dress, and am about halfway through that.  I put together a dress as well, from a pattern I've used before and like quite a lot.  I finished a simple tunic from Indygo Junction as well, and could see making a couple more of those, it's a quick and easy finish.  I have a dress cut out as well, which is really a wearable muslin for a lovely piece of linen I want to use.  I want to cut out a couple more pieces as well.  I'm trying to focus on summer items, though, and several of my planned pieces are more fall/winter.  I also struggle in that I like wearing knits but i like sewing wovens.  I suppose I should practice sewing the knits, more.  I love my serger, but I'm still learning on the coverstitch machine.





A few new things sneaking on to my list as always.



Recent Finishes  
 

Morris Apprentice
Bitter Almond
Rock Candy (Mini)
Frond Quilt #2 
Quill

Piecing 
Guild Mystery Quilt (leader and ender project) 
Four Square (leader and ender project)  
A New View (Frond greens)
Moda Love quilt - center finished, need to add borders
Hexology 
Guild sampler quilt 

Needs Binding


Kit's USMC Quilt 


On the Longarm 

  
Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Crystal Gems 
Moda Building Blocks

Classic Meets Modern BOM
Angela Walters BOM
Teal and cat (layer cake quilt #1) 
Frond kit from Marc
Layer cake quilt #2 
Beetle Adventures (Mini) 
Ombre Tumblers (mini)
Rows of Bricks
Prism Star

Planning 


Frond Quilt #3 
Modern Owls
Aurora Borealis  

UFO's

Craftsy QAYG
Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms
Farmer's Wife - should move indoors for the smaller projects...
Quilter's Patch - BOM from FQS.  Finished six(?) blocks
QAD Flight Effects mini



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!