Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from September, 2011

Progress on the quilting front!

So I finished quilting the quilt for church. I ended up machine quilting it myself, with just a simple checkerboard pattern on the diagonal. I really like how it turned out! Had a few puckers on the back, but hopefully easily fixed. I used spray adhesive to baste it, and have to say I like that much better than using all those pins! Lessons learned for next time:
Iron the batting!Iron the backing - again and againVacuum under the rug. ;)More newspapers around the edgeIt's better with a partner!Thanks to Mom for helping me get it put together. Much easier that way!

Blocks quilt

I'm making a super fun quilt to auction off at our annual church dinner. This weekend I finally finished all the blocks. I was hoping to get some progress on sewing them together, but my daughter accidentally vacuumed over the foot pedal cord, and it required a little repair work. Oh well, at least it's fixed now!