Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from October, 2014

Working it

I love batiks!  Just lovely and vibrant, and how you could not be happy looking at this pile?  I find it very surprising to say, but I actually have a "secret project", and this stack is part of it.  Fun stuff! 


This was a fun little project - a newsboy hat for my daughter.  I come from a line of very large-headed people, and my daughter is no exception.  (Her head size was in the 99.9th percentile.)  So hats are usually not an option, even though I love them.  I've picked up a couple of hat pattens on Etsy to see how difficult making them would be.  This one went together pretty easily, and was such fun!   She loves it, too.  I may make a couple more. 


WIP Wednesday

Keeping myself honest...  I've put in an additional UFO category, and moved those projects where no progress has been made (and to be truthful, where no progress is likely to be made any time soon) there.  Again, just trying to keep my list in order.  I am trying to keep progress going on my WIP's, and there are just a couple of projects where I've lost momentum. 

Recent Completions!!


Avalon BOM 2

WIPs:


Farmer's Wife (LONG term project! - 20 blocks completed) Fabulous Flowers (making progress on this one, but slow, as I'm letting Colin sew the strip sets) Stardust  Scrappy Chevrons (leader and ender setup)
Batik project

At the quilter:

Vintage Modern BOM
Lucky Pezzy


Top Completed, waiting for quilting: Swoon
Mosaic
Avalon BOM 1
ROYGBIV trip around the world

Planning:

Secret Garden (layer cake quilt)
Madonna and Child
Park Bench BOM
Snowbird BOM

UFO's:

Craftsy QAYG quilt (three of twelve completed)
Vintage Modern Scrappy

Avalon Sampler

A quick post for a finish - I didn't have too much of an opportunity to take pictures of this one.  I finished it to auction off at our church's Fall Festival, and stole a few moments before the dinner began to snap this picture.


It's the 2013 Mystery BOM from the Fat Quarter Shop.  It's a different setting.  I made two blocks from each month, and only ordered one finishing kit.  I ended up not using the finishing kit pattern on either top - it just wasn't quite my taste.  I'm pleased with how this one turned out, though!  It brought a decent price at the auction, as well, so all in all a successful finish!  Now to pick out the pattern for next year's donation...