Scrappy Rainbows

This quilt has had many names.  Officially, it's the Trip Around the World pattern, from Bonnie Hunter.  I started it quite a while ago, and it became my "just 10 more minutes" quilt, because if I'd wrapped something up but didn't quite feel like I was done sewing, I'd pull out the strips and sew a block before heading to bed.


When it started coming together, I could never really decide if I liked it, or if it looked like a rainbow had thrown up on my design wall.  I finally decided it was a little bit of both.  I played around with a number of layouts.  I'd kept a black diagonal line through all of the squares, for some consistency, so it did give me a lot of options. 


I think this one is staying with me, largely as a utility quilt.  It's made out of fat quarters of less-than-stellar fabric, so not one I'd like to sell or give away, but it should hide stains and dirt well, with the black backing and binding, so a good one for picnics and bonfires and hayrides. My son likes it - it was hard to keep him out of the pictures!

Comments

  1. Great finish! Love the "Just 10 more minutes." That usually turns into 30-60 minutes for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! It can be hard to toe the line with these quilts between beauty and "scrap vomit" but I think you did it with this one! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is just beautiful! I haven't seen anyone make one like this and it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so bright and cheerful. I can see why your son likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! It's going to have a happy, useful, beautiful life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very pretty and will brighten many winter days, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kind of like it. I think getting less-than-stellar fabrics to look great in a scrappy quilt is real talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color riot going on in this. And I need to have a Just 10 more Minute project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes these turn out to be the most loved quilts. I love the idea of a "just 10 more minutes" project! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!