Weekly WIP - Time to get organized again!

It's been a nutty couple of weeks.  The younger has had TEN snow days in the past four weeks.  The school has now eliminated three schedule days off, all of the early outs, and is adding 12 minutes to the start and end of each day.  And there's more snow in the forecast!  The crazy part is how mild December was; the kids were outside with bare feet on Christmas day.  There hasn't been a break since, though!

My older is now gone for almost seven weeks.  Going to miss her like crazy, but she's with Grandma and Grandpa, so I know she's in good hands and in store for an amazing adventure.  

My to do list has been completely upended.  I've blown it to bits and started over, basically.  I'm not particularly sure why, it just kind of happened!  All of the minis were an "I'm trapped inside in a snow storm" kind of thing, and I've decided to try and burn through a bunch of fabric and just get things made.  So the layer cake stack is getting decimated first.  I've got one top already made, and two other quick finishes cut and ready to piece.

Yes, I always wear fuzzy socks to take pictures.


I'm also making another quilt for Frond!  Super excited, it's going to be a relatively easy one, but fun!  They're taking my last one to QuiltCon, so it's fun to know I'm there in spirit and design, if not in person.  They've actually made up kits for it, which is beyond cool.  I've got another pattern sketched out that I'm going to put together as well. 

Seriously - how amazing is it to see your own creating being made into kits?!?!



Recent Finishes 
Winter Garden 
Shenandoah
Toss the Bouquet (mini - Frond)
2nd Frond mini
Happiness is Handmade (mini)
Making Modern - Rainbow 
Galentine Swap

Piecing 

Angela Walters BOM - 12 blocks finished, starting on setting blocks
Prism Star - ALL diamonds done!  1/4 of top assembled
Bitter Almond  (all blocks complete) 

Guild Mystery Quilt (leader and ender project) 
Frond kit from Marc
Four Square (leader and ender project)  
Layer cake quilt #2
Layer cake quilt #3 

Needs Binding


Kit's USMC Quilt  

On the Longarm 

Morris Apprentice
 
Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Crystal Gems 
Moda Building Blocks


Classic Meets Modern BOM
Quill  
Teal and cat (layer cake quilt #1) 

Planning 

Frond Quilt #2

Frond Quilt #3 
Moda Love quilt - Barb 
Modern Owls

Aurora Borealis  
Various mini quilts
 

UFO's

Craftsy QAYG
Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms
Farmer's Wife - should move indoors for the smaller projects...
Quilter's Patch - BOM from FQS.  Finished six(?) blocks
QAD Flight Effects mini





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!