Productivity on the WIP list

Between the binding binge, and the retreat, and some open evenings, I'm getting some progress made.  At the early stages of a quilt it often doesn't seem like things are happening, and there are only so many pictures you can take of piles of chain pieces.

I did get one block of Bitter Almond completely finished. I am loving how this looks so far, and debating about sizing up to bed sized.  We shall see. 


I got two more blocks done for the Classic Meets Modern BOM.


The binding to rows of cats is on!


And the weather has turned to a lovely early summer.  Took some time for a bike ride with the kids. 


I need to get some pictures taken of finishes.  I'm not yet feeling the need to break open another project.  I have a ways to go piecing Bitter Almond and the Morris quilt.  Neither of those is hard, but there are a LOT of blocks for each!  I actually had my nephew helping with the batik quilt.  He's 13, and very good at detailed, precise work.  He also enjoys working alone, so I was delighted to show him what needed to be done and let him spend and hour or two in peace.  He's a great kid.  

I am going to get the butterfly quilt loaded up on the long-arm soon.  I think I know what I want to do for quilting, and it's not large so it shouldn't take too terribly long.  Crystal Gems will probably go on next.  It's definitely going to be an all-over pattern, and about ANY thread color will work, so not too much thought required.  

And this is the first time in AGES that there has been nothing on the needs binding list!

Recent Finishes 

Anne Marie Cheney mini from Glamp Stitch-a-lot
Batik Half Square Triangle quilt
Making Modern - Blues
Anna Maria Horner Little Fan Dance (need to post pictures)
Anna Maria Horner applique mini (need to post pictures)
Libs Elliott mini (need to post pictures)
Mom's table runner
Loominous
Social Ladder
Rows of Cats
 
Piecing 

QAD Flight Effects mini  
Angela Walters BOM - six blocks finished
Classic Meets Modern BOM - January through May blocks finished
Morris Apprentice - for Bev (set up as Leaders and Enders)   
Prism Star - one diamond done 
Bitter Almond 
Shenandoah 
 
Needs Binding


 
Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Crystal Gems
Every Which Way - ready to load 
Moda Building Blocks
Frond butterfly quilt
Making Modern - Rainbow quilt

Planning 

Sparklers

Quill
Aviatrix - stalled, need to get moving on this one! 
Moda Love quilt - Barb 
Stellar Stars BOM 
Church Dinner projects

UFO's

Craftsy QAYG

Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms
Farmer's Wife - should move indoors for the smaller projects...
Quilter's Patch - BOM from FQS.  Finished six(?) blocks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!