Making t-shirt quilts

As I mentioned last time, I've taken on the task of making t-shirt/memory quilts for three high school kids in my church.  Their dad passed away two years ago.  I knew him from the time I was a kid, and his younger sister was in my class from pre-school through high school graduation, so I'm happy to be able to do this for them.

 Thanks to a retreat last weekend, I have gotten a really good start on this, and am continuing to make progress.  I have one top entirely finished, and another about 2/3 done.  All the t-shirts for the third are prepped and ready to go, so it should be relatively easy to finish the tops in a timely manner.  I'm already starting to dither about what quilting to do on them, so that should take a good long time to figure out.


Quilt top #1 Completed - I love the way this one turned out!

Quilt top #2 in progress - more room for fun quilting on this one...


I've made pretty decent progress on the Making Modern - Blues quilt.  I just need to piece the rows together.  Social Ladder is also in the works.  I'd been hoping to get to that a bit at retreat, but haven't had luck on it so far.

Love those Morris fabrics!!

I need to get started on the Libs Elliot swap.  I think I should bring that one indoors, so I can work on it in smaller time periods. 


Finished up the Glamp pouch - more a folio really, but my partner says she likes teal and polka dots, so I'm hoping this fits the bill!




Recent Finishes 

#makeitmodern Mini for swap  
#glampstitchaswap pouch 

Piecing 

Barb's Quilt - finished center 16 patches and four patches, working on the x-blocks
Quilter's Patch - BOM from FQS.  Finished six(?) blocks
Making Modern - Blues 
Social Ladder
QAD Flight Effects mini 

Needs Binding

PB&J four patch
HST mini
   
Top Completed, Waiting for Quilting

Every Which Way - ready to load 
Mom's quilt - basted
 
Moda Building Blocks
Fat Quarter quick quilt - Black and White batiks 
Frond butterfly quilt
Loominous
Batik HST - quilting partially done

Planning 

#libselliotminiswap
Sparklers
Abacus
Triple Barn Star - for Bev 
Aviatrix - stalled, need to get moving on this one! 
Making Modern - Rainbow quilt

UFO's

Craftsy QAYG
Fabulous Flowers
Blossoms
Farmer's Wife - should move indoors for the smaller projects...

Comments

  1. Fantastic TShirt Quilts !! I am so sorry for their loss but these quilts will be wonderful for them to remember their Dad and give some comfort. Take care from Iowa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!