March Planning

So some much overdue pictures.  This is a close up of the quilting on my pink mini for a swap, loved how it turned out!


Every which way, a Moda Bakeshop post.  I have a quilting plan in mind, but I think I'm going to wait for my long-arm quilter to arrive (!!!) to execute. 


Another Moda Bakeshop quilt, with my handy quilt holders.  Hard to believe this was taken in Iowa, in February!  This quilt got NO love on the website.  I'm telling myself it's because it was posted during QuiltCon.  Yeah, that's it...


My Charlie Harper mini!  LOVE LOVE LOVE this one, and actually made two, so I get to keep one!  They're almost identical, I just added a layer of batting behind the owls on one of them.  Several new techniques on this one; I did some machine quilting with 12 wt thread for the owl, and embroidered the eyes.  Fun stuff!


A crochet project!  My son has used and loved his baby blanket basically to shreds, so I'm making this one as a, well, I can't really call it a replacement, so I'll call it an upgrade.  We'll see if he takes to it at all! 


And some more embroidery!  This one is for another mini, one that came in a Quilty box.  French General fabrics and pattern.  Not a designer I would normally chose for myself, but I do love how this one is turning out, and it will go beautifully in my sewing room indoors.  



When I made Every Which Way, there were a bunch of extra HST's, so I decided to have a little fun designing some minis.  I'll try and get this one sewn together this weekend. 



And the Urban Brights Challenge!  I tried to stretch myself on this one.  It's a LOT of color, and I did an improv design.  I love how it's turning out!  Frond has the most beautiful, saturated colors.  I am usually drawn more towards their floral designs, so the Urban line was a bit out of my comfort zone, but it's good to be a bit uncomfortable now and then.  I'm using a combination of FMQ, straight-line stitches and specialty stitches on my Elna. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another year of Quarantine

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

November - on the downward side of 2020!