Skip to main content

WIP Wednesday

As we get into summer, the days keep technically getting longer, but they feel like they're getting shorter as more and more things make their way onto the calendar.  I'm spending more time just relaxing and watching tv/cross-stitching with hubby, as his new job is turning out to be pretty arduous, and he needs some downtime.  I am finishing the round robins pretty quickly that way, though!  It's only the 12th, and the hard one is almost entirely done. 

I'm also spending more sewing time on clothes, as I have a number of projects that are partially finished.  Last night I sorted the projects, and just threw a couple away.  They were ones where it had become pretty clear that something was not right with the project, or I realized I was just not going to like the final product.  I have too little time, I've decided, to devote to things I really would rather not be working on, and won't use when I'm finished!  I finished up one top that I love, and have everything but the buttons done on a shirtdress.  I need to pick out new buttons, and I'm excited to try out the buttonhole feature on my new machine.  I have a stack of clothing projects to cut out, too.  I'm going to try to get to those this weekend.

I really need to get the two WIP's that just need borders knocked out, too, so I can start making heavier progress on some of the others!  Just need that ever elusive more time...  

Recent Completions!!

The Matrix (Secret Project #1)

WIPS

Aviatrix (I've at least made the templates, so I'm counting that as a start!)
KerBloom - Just need the borders
Farmer's Wife 
Kelley's Quilt - SO CLOSE!  Just two sides of border left
Secret project #2

Needs Binding
 


At the quilter:


   
Top Completed, waiting for quilting:

Mosaic
Breezeway
Landscape
Secret Garden
Control Panel

Planning:

Snowbird BOM
Gravity
Abacus
Hidden Stars (baby quilt)
Sticks and Stones (fall dinner 2016)
Moda Building Blocks??
Triple Barn Star (w/ Morris layer cake)

UFO's:

Craftsy QAYG quilt (three of twelve completed)
Vintage Modern Scrappy
Fabulous Flowers - stalled until I figure out how to fix it... 

Stars - another stalled until I figure out what to do with it...
Blossoms (ender and leader set-up) - ditto on needing a new plan 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

The amazing Jo at Jo's Country Junction does a ton of wonderful work doing long-arm for charity quilts.  After my friend, Natalie, and I purchased our long-arm, we both wanted to help do charity work, so I reached out to Jo to see if she needed some assistance.  She sent along five quilt tops, along with backings and bindings, and Natalie and I got to work!

This first finish is a wonderful, happy, bright pinwheel quilt, made by Sharon Judkins of Hatfield, Arkansas.   (And special thanks to my 11 year old for photographing - she's working on photography for her 4-H projects, and wanted to help out in her own way!)


Natalie did the long-arm work on this one.


 Each pinwheel got it's own spiral, and there are spirals in all the sashing and borders.  Natalie made sure to get a pinwheel in cornerstone, as well.


It was bound in a lovely blue, with the ladies in our local quilt guild stepping up to do the actual binding work.  This one will be donated to Feed the Kids, a local cha…

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…

A Thicket of Stars

This was a fun one!  I'd sketched out the design a while ago, and when picking fabric options for the Moda Bakeshop, the center of my 'octagons' seemed to call out for the animals in this line, rather than the pinwheel shapes I'd originally planned.  I love how it turned out!

Key to the success of actually constructing the quilt top was to find away to make the half rectangle triangle with the right dimensions, so that it was 2 inches wide and 4 inches tall.  The provided template will work, as well as several rulers. 


 This one goes together very quickly.  I did simple straight-line quilting, which was both easy to do and emphasizes the outlines of the stretched stars.

 Windy day!  I finished this up and had to get the pictures taken. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't really cooperating, but I did like this location. 


I'd have a hard time saying which little animal is my favorite, but this guy probably wins. :)


Another fun project finished!  This one will be auct…