Chevron News

My latest quilt finish!  My stepson asked me to make him and quilt, and I was thrilled to do so.  I wanted something appropriately masculine, but also versatile.  I absolutely love the modern backgrounds from Zen Chic, so went with Chevron News.  I thought about using either red or a lime green in place of the yellow, but decided to stay with it.  I added borders to make it a generously queen sized quilt. 


The photos are pretty basic, but I really wanted to get this sent off to him before Christmas.  So I was still in my pajamas, finishing up the binding, and sewed the last stitch at 4 minutes after 10.  The local post office is only open until 10:30 on Saturday mornings.  It was a bit of a rush, and I'm really glad I didn't have to take the baseball cap off, but it made it to him on Christmas Eve.


I had the quilter use wool batting, which was the first time I've used it, and it is LOVELY.  So soft and drapey!  I absolutely love how this one feels.  I picked out a geometric design for the quilting, which I thought stayed in the more masculine design, and pulled directly from the large border fabric print. 

I hope Patrick loves it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!