Downton Abbey

Every once in a while a quilt top sneaks into my WIP list, without being in the planning stage first.  For a recent birthday, I treated myself to a half yard bundle of Downton Abbey fabric.  It was the first set that came out, and I just adore them.  They sat in a place of honor in my stash, and I'd frequently just pet them.  Last week, however, I got it into my head to actually USE them, and before I could talk myself out of it, I'd cut into the Lady Edith colorway (and really, who doesn't have sympathy for poor Lady Edith??) and finished a quilt top. 


The pattern was Breezeway, from a quilting magazine.  I'll have to check and see which one, but it used large rectangles in the center of each block, and I thought it would be perfect for showing off these prints.  I love how it turned out - now to get it quilted!  I'd love to splurge and get enough of the Downton Abbey print with Highclere Castle on it for the backing, but that would be far more than I usually spend on a back.  Regardless, I have a feeling this will be a favorite, although I have no idea where it's destined to end up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinwheel Charity Quilt - FINISHED!

Another year of Quarantine

Kate Spain Charm Swap Finish!