Skip to main content

WIP Wednesday

Lots going on in the sewing room!

Stardust is finally pieced (although it's missing a row in this picture).  This was a challenging project for me, as it isn't so much about the construction - I'm pretty comfortable paper piecing - as it is about color placement.  And that makes me sweat.  Overall, I'm quite pleased so far, and am now in the sit-in-front-of-Doctor-Who-episodes-and-peel-paper mode.  And of course, I somehow managed to lose the remainder of the pattern, so I'm going to just have to take a good guess as to the size of the borders.


Secret Project!  Love those!!


This one jumped into my list - a commission from my sister.  It's the Northern Lights pattern from Jaybird Quilts, and the first time I've really done an all solids project.  It's going together pretty quickly and easily.



Speaking of Jaybird Quilts, Park Bench is finally in progress.  This is a BOM from the Fat Quarter Shop, from a year or more ago.  I finally broke them out and started working, and just love how they're turning out.  The pattern calls for 15 in a 3x5 arrangement, but I think I might see if I can eke out one more from leftovers, and go for a 4x4 layout.



And for the tally -

Recent Completions!!

Ribbon Box
Christmas Impromptu (Need pictures)
Lucky Pezzy (Need pictures)

WIPs:

Park Bench
Secret Project
Northern Lights
Farmer's Wife (LONG term project! - 20 blocks completed)
Stardust  
Scrappy Chevrons (leader and ender setup)

Needs Binding

Vintage Modern

At the quilter:


Top Completed, waiting for quilting:

Swoon
Mosaic
Avalon BOM 1

Planning:

Secret Garden (layer cake quilt)
Madonna and Child
Snowbird BOM
Elementary

UFO's:

Craftsy QAYG quilt (three of twelve completed)
Vintage Modern Scrappy
Fabulous Flowers - stalled until I figure out how to fix it...

Comments

  1. You definitely have a few projects on your lists! It is nice to see other people who have project ADHD. I tried to work on one project at a time... it didn't last long! I look forward to seeing your progress! Love your projects!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Starry Field

Another Moda Bakeshop  finish!  I love how this one turned out.  It definitely too a while, and is by far the most complex pattern I've done, but I think there are so many possibilities with this one, and I hope that some people make this one and let me know what they've done.


So many stars!  My flying geese ruler definitely came in handy for cutting things out, and proper trimming was absolutely key to this one coming out properly.  All those flying geese - the extra time in trimming was definitely made up in having the squares all come together easily for the final assembly.


Mary, of Round the Bend quilting, fit me in on short notice, and did a great job of it.  A simple all over pattern, based on a small star shape and stippling, worked just perfectly.


I went with a poly batting, since I wanted something very white to keep the color for the background bright, and I love the loft it gave it too.


I had two people handy to do the quilt holding, and grabbed this shot just as …

Urban Improv

The BadAss Quilters Society recently paired up with Frond Design Studios (my favorite, favorite fabrics) for an Urban Brights Challenge.  I couldn't resist the opportunity/excuse to buy more Frond Fabric, so I purchased the bundle and away I went. Now, I am NOT an art quilter.  I would love to be someday, but I'm definitely not there yet, so I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm even going to submit the pictures of the quilt, but I do love the final result.

I decided to go with improv.  I'm pretty new at improv, so it was a challenge for me, and definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I went with no binding, as it seemed to work better visually that way.  I quilted it myself, with a number of different motifs and techniques.  Overall I love it, even if it doesn't quite measure up to the competition!

I ended up taking the pictures last night in our shop.  It's been raining for what seems like forever, so I haven't been able to get an outsid…

A Thicket of Stars

This was a fun one!  I'd sketched out the design a while ago, and when picking fabric options for the Moda Bakeshop, the center of my 'octagons' seemed to call out for the animals in this line, rather than the pinwheel shapes I'd originally planned.  I love how it turned out!

Key to the success of actually constructing the quilt top was to find away to make the half rectangle triangle with the right dimensions, so that it was 2 inches wide and 4 inches tall.  The provided template will work, as well as several rulers. 


 This one goes together very quickly.  I did simple straight-line quilting, which was both easy to do and emphasizes the outlines of the stretched stars.

 Windy day!  I finished this up and had to get the pictures taken. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't really cooperating, but I did like this location. 


I'd have a hard time saying which little animal is my favorite, but this guy probably wins. :)


Another fun project finished!  This one will be auct…